Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sammy56
    • May 2003

VCD Header trick from SVCD -- pause problems

I have now problem when i made my first SVCD disk with VCD header, that my standalone player plays it in pauses,picture shows good quality and otherwise verywell. These pauses are 1-2 seconds at time. Just wondering if there is something to do?

My DVD player is Finlux DVD F-2101 , same as LG DVD 3000E or other LG s and Salora DVD S-1100

----

I have to add that the original svcd file was little over 36MIN long or what i get if i open it with mediaplayers. But when i burned this disc it shows in my DVD player over 71 min. Nero did not made any conversion during burn proces but how this is possible. Is this time laps reason for skipping couple second when playing it???
    Last edited by Sammy56; 16 May 2003, 02:09 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Do you KNOW, for a fact, that BEFORE converting to VCD, your SVCD doesn't contain these pauses? If the SVCD doesn't contain these pauses, then I'd suggest you try using the following FUL SVCD to VCD conversion method instead of the "quick and dirty" method, which seems to be problematic for you:

SVCD to VCD

Run TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Simple DeMultiplex

Load your SVCD file. Press the "Run" radio button to automatically save your video and audio streams as separate video (.M2V) and audio files (either .MP2 or .MPA).

Close TMPGEnc (as a precautionary measure).

Start TMPGEnc.

On the main screen, press the "Settings" radio button (If it is 'greyed out", press the "Load" radio button and select "Unlock.mcf").

Select the "System" tab and select "MPEG1-VideoCD"

Select the "Advanced" tab. Set the resolution to "4:3 525 line (NTSC)" (or the PAL equivalent, if appropriate for your locale)

Set "Video Arrange method" to "Center (Custom size)" and enter the resolution of the original MPEG2

Select the "Video" tab. Set the "Size" to the same figures you entered under the "Advanced" tab.

Set the "Aspect ratio" to "4:3 525 line (NTSC)" (or the PAL equivalent, if appropriate for your locale)

Set the framerate to 23.976,24,25 (PAL), or 29.970 fps

Click on OK to get back to the main screen

Enter a new filename in the "Output" box

Click on the "Start" radio button

Since this will be the first attempt at this conversion, I STRONGLY suggest that after 3-5 minutes, you click on the "Stop" radio button and then answer "Yes" to "Abort now?". Minimize (DON'T exit) TMPGEnc. Doubleclick on the newly created short MPEG1-VCD version of your video. It should automatically start running under the Windows Media Player. If you notice a plethora of horizontal lines "jutting out" to the left and/or right (that weren't in your original video, do as follows:

Maximize TMPGEnc, click on the "Settings" radio button, and select the "Advanced" tab.

Put a checkmark in the box to the left of "Deinterlace"

Doubleclick on the word "Deinterlace".

Click on the down arrow to the right of the "Method" box and select the deinterlacing method you wish to apply (I prefer "Double (field adaptation)).

Make certain that there is a checkmark in the box to the left of "Enable filter". Click on OK (This will return you to the "Advanced" tab). Click on OK (This will return you to the main screen).

Click on the "Start" radio button and save the entire file. Likewise, if you didn't observe the horizontal lines in your 3-5 minute test, then simply click on the "Start" radio button and save the entire file.

Comment

• Sammy56
      • May 2003

Originally posted by setarip
      Do you KNOW, for a fact, that BEFORE converting to VCD, your SVCD doesn't contain these pauses? If the SVCD doesn't contain these pauses, then I'd suggest you try using the following FUL SVCD to VCD conversion method instead of the "quick and dirty" method, which seems to be problematic for you:

SVCD to VCD

Run TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Simple DeMultiplex

Load your SVCD file. Press the "Run" radio button to automatically save your video and audio streams as separate video (.M2V) and audio files (either .MP2 or .MPA).

Close TMPGEnc (as a precautionary measure).

Start TMPGEnc.

On the main screen, press the "Settings" radio button (If it is 'greyed out", press the "Load" radio button and select "Unlock.mcf").

Select the "System" tab and select "MPEG1-VideoCD"

Select the "Advanced" tab. Set the resolution to "4:3 525 line (NTSC)" (or the PAL equivalent, if appropriate for your locale)

Set "Video Arrange method" to "Center (Custom size)" and enter the resolution of the original MPEG2

Select the "Video" tab. Set the "Size" to the same figures you entered under the "Advanced" tab.

Set the "Aspect ratio" to "4:3 525 line (NTSC)" (or the PAL equivalent, if appropriate for your locale)

Set the framerate to 23.976,24,25 (PAL), or 29.970 fps

Click on OK to get back to the main screen

Enter a new filename in the "Output" box

Click on the "Start" radio button

Since this will be the first attempt at this conversion, I STRONGLY suggest that after 3-5 minutes, you click on the "Stop" radio button and then answer "Yes" to "Abort now?". Minimize (DON'T exit) TMPGEnc. Doubleclick on the newly created short MPEG1-VCD version of your video. It should automatically start running under the Windows Media Player. If you notice a plethora of horizontal lines "jutting out" to the left and/or right (that weren't in your original video, do as follows:

Maximize TMPGEnc, click on the "Settings" radio button, and select the "Advanced" tab.

Put a checkmark in the box to the left of "Deinterlace"

Doubleclick on the word "Deinterlace".

Click on the down arrow to the right of the "Method" box and select the deinterlacing method you wish to apply (I prefer "Double (field adaptation)).

Make certain that there is a checkmark in the box to the left of "Enable filter". Click on OK (This will return you to the "Advanced" tab). Click on OK (This will return you to the main screen).

Click on the "Start" radio button and save the entire file. Likewise, if you didn't observe the horizontal lines in your 3-5 minute test, then simply click on the "Start" radio button and save the entire file.

Yeah, but my inted was not at all make conversion.Its just making SVCD disk with VCD header because my DVD player dont play SVCDs.

The problem is nero and my DVD player shows my disk time of 71min long, and the file it self was 39 mins. AND there is pauses in file when played in DVD standalone player.. where the hell is nero getin there this more playin time or what ever?...

Shouldnt it burn my XVCD in 39min long?? I dont think that changin header only makes it different.

aarghh!
      Last edited by Sammy56; 17 May 2003, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

1) You still haven't answered my original question, to wit:

Do you KNOW, for a fact, that BEFORE converting to VCD, your SVCD doesn't contain these pauses?

2) "Yeah, but my inted was not at all make conversion.Its just making SVCD disk with VCD header because my DVD player dont play SVCDs."

The reason I provided you with the methodology of properly converting an SVCD to a VCD is because you stated that the "quick and dirty" method resulted in problems for you!

As the Rolling Stones once said, "You can't always get what you want"... ;>}

Comment

• Sammy56
          • May 2003

Yes. i am not in most interested to convert SVCD to VCD cos i know that quality drops too much. I have lots both SVCD and VCD, but i only normally take VCD s that are already recorded to that format . But you know , its good to try everything as i not maybe want to buy new DVD player just for SVCD playback.
          And still there is option to convert SVCD to DivX what makes it better quality than VCD..

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"And still there is option to convert SVCD to DivX what makes it better quality than VCD.."

But your standalone DVD player, which won't even play SVCDs, most certainly cannot playback DivX files burned to CD-Rs...

Comment

Working...