• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

a/v problems

Hi there. I have tried everything and can't get it done. I am able to do it with other DVD's but not these ones.

I have ripped a 3 hour movie.

extracted the audio.

downsampled using goldwave, since wavelab cannot downsample it because of the file size limitation (the 2GB barriar that was programmed in the program itself)

then I spent 12 hours encoding the movie as VCD.

obviously the sound was ahead of the video.

so then, when i downsampled this wave file to 44100Hz, I made an MPEG audio out of it using TMPGEnc, then i merged the video and this audio file together to make a VCD.

but there are still a/v problems ALOT of it.

how on earth can I make the audio and video match up without having to spend over 12 hours worth of encoding time? this is really annoying me now.

please help!!!!

usually it works for me with other DVD's but not these ones (asian movies)

right now on the PC, I have the video encoded, the ripped DVD (vob) files, and the wave file that has been downsampled and the un-downsampled version (ripped straight from the VOB's)

help please!
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

more info.

the movie itself on DVD lasts for 2:42 right.

when encoded to VCD it said the time was 3:12
    and the audio is 2:42 (as it should be)

there are no blank or extra frames in the video, it's starting is the same as the DVD movie and same with the ending.

what is going on?!

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

more info lol

at 10 mins in the video file of the DVD there is no song on BUT in the ripped audio file, there is

what can be done?????

Comment

• techno
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2001

i've re ripped the DVD right and made a dvd2avi project file, when going thru source range in TMPGEnc, the time line says 3:15 but the audio is still 2:42

???????

Comment

• Thingy
          • May 2003

Are you encoding the video as ntsc film 23.967?
          cause the dvd is most probably ntsc 29.97.
          if you don't use inverse telecine when doing that, that might explain the problem.

try encoding to 29.97 or even better make sure you apply the inverse telecine filter. cause then you get more bits per frame.
          - The question is: Why?

Comment

• techno
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Nov 2001

sorted it out yesterday

the 29.97 thing, I live in a PAL area (25fps) so even if I convert a 29.97fps movie to VCD PAL..no A/V problems.

the problem was, the latest version of TMPGEnc has a bug...so I just used the original TMPGEnc v2.5 to encode it and works fine

Comment

Working...