Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thingy
    • May 2003

TMPGEnc 2.5 plus vs free

I've rescently had problems conversing any audio file with tmpgenc plus, however the same file has no trouble working with the free edition.

This evening I had this problem: I couldn't load an avi so I used Vdub to extract the audio first as the mp3 and opened that. The mp3 loaded ok, but as soon as I hit the encode button it said fileformat unsupported. So I used vdub and converted the audio to a PCM wav and tried again, but samo samo, then I tried to fool around with the VFAPI priorities, but nothing helped, and I tried all permutations I could think off (and remember).

the I tried to rename the currentcfg.tpr to .bak and restarted tmpgenc, but no difference. Out of pure dispair I started tmpgenc free that I had somewhere else, and behold, the file opened without problem. this is not optimal though, cause I wont be able to convert to svcd since the trial has passed with that.

Now the question: Might this be a VFAPI problem after all, if I reinstall tmpgenc plus, will it work, if I replace the vfapi files with the files from the free directory will this help? Mostly I want to know if anyone else have had this issue with the plus version. Cause tearing my hair off my head wont really help me.
    - The question is: Why?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Do you have a cracked version of Plus, or did you purchase it?

Comment

• Comberman
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Aug 2002

I purchased my copy of TMPGEnc 2.5 Plus which (hopefully!!) has more features than the free version. If you have bought your copy then you can get the latest update release (2.58.44.152) free. The download checks your registration and automatically updates the older version.
      Genius creates what it must; talent creates what it can.

Comment

• Thingy
        • May 2003

I'll try that, any ideas if that is unsuccessful?

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Once again, do you have a cracked version of Plus, or did you purchase it?

Comment

• Thingy
            • May 2003

It seems that was a cracked copy since it didn't update well.
            Oh well, however I did resolve the issue.
            I do not know which of these actions made the difference but I did the following:

1. replaced all files except the exe with files from the free version.
            2. deleted the TMPEnc.ini file.

I must have confused the cfg file with the ini file in my earlier attempt.

I'll think I will buy the program though, since it's i m o very good and almost affordable.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"It seems that was a cracked copy since it didn't update well."

Sometimes, "you get what you pay for"...

(It's unfair to post questions regarding problems that may have arisen as a consequence of using pirated software)

Comment

Working...