Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cobain34
    • Nov 2002

not creating 2 full cds

I've tried to rip dogma 3 times already to 2 svcds using dvd2svcd, and every time when I check the finished product, the first cd is 800mb (normal) but the second is only 68.5mb. For some reason the program is shoving 90% of the movie onto the first cd and not utilizing all the space for 2 cds. What can I do to fix this?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If it works, what difference does it make how big a portion is on the first CD?

Comment

• SKD_Tech
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2003

How long is the movie?
      Also make sure for your CD2 settings make sure the size is at 700

Comment

• cobain34
        • Nov 2002

Well, first of all it makes a difference how much is on each cd because if 2 hours of video is on one cd, the bitrate is pretty low. As far as the 700mb setting for cd2 I have it set to 800mb for each cd.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Well, first of all it makes a difference how much is on each cd because if 2 hours of video is on one cd, the bitrate is pretty low."

1) Nonsense. DVD2SVCD is AUTOMATICALLY creating compliant VCDs - which means the video is at a bitrate of 1,150Kbps.

2) 800 Megabytes of compliant VCD is NOT 2 hours - it's approximately 80 minutes

" As far as the 700mb setting for cd2 I have it set to 800mb for each cd."

Gee, maybe that's why your getting 800Megs on the first CD...

(Try setting to 450Megs per CD)

Comment

• cobain34
            • Nov 2002

my god what is so difficult to understand? I'm trying to make svcds, not vcds, so the bitrate is not automatic. I have it set that both cds should be 800mb - that means that it should automatically fill both cds, using the highest possible bitrate and split the movie in half. This is what normally happens. For some reason with this movie, it is not calculating correctly and instead it's not utilizing all available 1600mb.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2003

Have you made sure that your output is set to SVCD/MPEG-2?

Comment

• cobain34
                • Nov 2002

none of my settings have changed from the last movie which ripped perfectly to 2 cds

Comment

• cyberpic
                  • Jul 2002

1.-In "bitrate"-->CD size. Take 900 mb instead of 800 EVERYWERE.

2.- Or, Use "frame selection" and replace 2 cd of 800 by 1 cd of 900.

3.-Or open BBMPEG ini file after BBMPEG has began to start and change maxfile size 800 Mb by 900 or 990 (you must be very quick)

4.- Or use tylo's roba plugin for DVD2SVCD.

Or simply after DVD2SVCD has finished use another time BBMPEG and replace maximum file size or look at this http://perso.club-internet.fr/cyberp...VCD/cutavi.htm
                  <===cyberpic===>

Comment

• cobain34
                    • Nov 2002

If I make the cds 900mb then I won't be able to fit the movie onto my cds - they only have an 800mb capacity. I tried it again today with another movie and I have the problem again. I get one cd that is 800mb and another cd that is nowhere near 800mb. Also, for example with a hour and a half movie, I don't get 45 min on each cd; I get 1 hour and ten minutes on the first cd and 20 minutes on the second cd. Something must be wrong with the program, but I have no idea what it is. I uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh copy, and nothing happened.

Comment

• cyberpic
                      • Jul 2002

If you want juste that DVD2SVCD bypass the 800mb limit, you can try to modify the DVDSVCD.ini and SCVD.ini like this :
                      CDSize 1=990
                      CDSize 2=990
                      CDSize 3=990
                      CDSize 4=990
                      CDSize 5=990
                      CDSize 6=990
                      <===cyberpic===>

Comment

Working...