X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bambus
    • Jun 2003

Keeping 16-9 format when converting

Hi!

I use TMPGEnc for convertion avi-files to vcd/svcd. If the avi-file is in widescreen format the resulting mpeg-file is in good-old-regular 4-3. I think the picture is beeing pulled verticaly, so it lookes a bit strange..

How can I keep the widescreen-format??

-bambus-
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try the following in TMPGEnc:

Click the "Video" tab and change applicable settings to: 352X240 (PAL 352x288), 4:3 (NTSC or PAL as appropriate) 525 Line. Click the "Advanced" tab and change applicable settings to: "16:9 Display", either "Fullscreen (Keep Aspect Ratio)" or "Center (Keep aspect ratio)", and 352x240 (PAL 352x288).

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• bambus
      • Jun 2003

Yes, it worked

New problem : The movie I'm trying to convert now has a bad frame early, and after that the sound does not match with the picture..

Is there any good programs for fixing bad frames?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Yes, it worked"

My pleasure ;>}

"New problem : The movie I'm trying to convert now has a bad frame early, and after that the sound does not match with the picture..
        Is there any good programs for fixing bad frames?"

Load the original .AVI into the most current VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod. Scan for bad frames. Select "Mask bad frames". Save with a new filename...

Comment

• som1dies
          • Aug 2002

What does mask actually do to the frames?Someone else told me to scan for errors and then just save new avi.Is that correct?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

To som1dies

"Someone else told me to scan for errors and then just save new avi.Is that correct?"

That WAS correct for a previous version of VirtualDubMod - because it AUTOMATICALLY masked the bad frames (determined by the scan procedure) when saving with a new filename. That automatic procedure has since been deleted in the more recent version of VirtualDubMod (and is now consistent with the same procedure in VirtualDub)...

Comment

• bambus
              • Jun 2003

I think it worked, but the resulting avi-file were 200MB smaller than the original, and some places in the movie the same picture stayes for several minuttes while the sound continues(causing the file to get smaller ... ). Anyway, the frame I wanted to fix got fixed so I guess I did it the right way, and it is the avi file which is screwed up totally..

So ; thanks again.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"So ; thanks again."

You're quite welcome ;>}

Comment

Working...