Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Superwallon
    • Jul 2003

help with TMPGEnec

I"m having this problem loading files in TMPGEnec, I've used heaps of times and it worked perfectely but know when i want to start a new peoject and try to load a file i recieve an error message saying i can't open the file because the file is unsupported. This happens with all my .avi files, i've tried to re-install the program but i didn't change a thing. CAn someone please help me this is really bugging me..

thanks..
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"This happens with all my .avi files"

Are you sure it's not just happening with Xvid-compressed (NOT DivX) .AVIs for which you don't have the Xvid codec installed on your system?

Comment

• Superwallon
      • Jul 2003

Well i don't think so because the last movie i managed to convert was a Xvid, anyway i tried re-installing the xvid and divx codecs and the problem still persists..
      Does anybody know what i could do????

Comment

• Thingy
        • May 2003

try deleting the .ini and .tpr in the tmpgenc directory, sometimes these get buggy.
        Also make sure that you have disabled the mux:// for streams cause I was unable to load any file containing audio with that enabled.
        You can also try to play with the priorities under settings->advanced. Raise the priority for directshow.
        - The question is: Why?

Comment

• Superwallon
          • Jul 2003

yeah something was wrong with the priorities, it's fixed now, thanks heaps..

Comment

• Thingy
            • May 2003

"thanks heaps.."

My pleasure...
            - The question is: Why?

Comment

Working...