Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vik_pa
    • Jul 2003

Conversion using TMPGEnc

Hi people. I wish to convert my divx file to svcd using TMPGEnc. From the opening window of the project wizard. there is a drop-down list. There is one option that states 35min/650MB. Thats crazy!!!! That will use up too many cd's. There is another option that states 85min(or 110min)/650MB (incompatible). What does the incompatible mean??? I would much rather have 110 mins of film on 1 cd, but will it be viewable on dvd players???
    And whats the difference between cbr and vbr. In order to have a vbr file I need to do this 2 pass process right???
    I am a newbie so please be patient with me!!!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"What does the incompatible mean???"

It means you'll be creating an SVCD that doesn't conform with the stated parameters of a "compliant" SVCD. It may, however, very well playback properly on many (newer) standalone DVD players.

The easiest thing to do is experiment and burn one - and see if it plays back properly on your standalone DVD player...

Comment

• AMD2400
      • Jul 2003

That guide will help you out on how to make one movie fit onto one cd-r.

Might want to also do this in TMPGenc - in TMPGenc go to options, environmental settings, VFAPI plugins, and up the priority on direct show multimedia file reader to 2 not -2. To do this right click on show multimedia file reader and select higher priority until it goes up to 2. <----Quoted from setarip

After I did what he suggested, alot of my problems went away and I could also open and load up more of my movie files and alot of the "incompatible" went away

cbr = constant bit rate
      vbr = variable bit rate

Comment

• crazy_as_fcuk
        • Aug 2003

Hi ppl

Ive got a problem multiplexing/de-multiplexing my .avi file using TMPGenc. The .avi codec is MS MPEG4 v3 and is not compatible with TMPGenc!!! Can any1 direct me to a codec which will allow me to manipulate this format?

Comment

• shiny#3
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jul 2003

to crazy as...

first of all ...this is not your thread i guess.
          do not mind to start a new one if you have a question
          I am easiliy confused!!!!!

for editing .avi files you should use Virtualdub mod.
          get the Tsunami filterpack also.

The Tsunami FP you can get here at the software section

refer to sourceforge.net for virtualdub mod.
          Last edited by shiny#3; 1 Aug 2003, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Working...