Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NBAJ2K
    • Jan 2003

SVCD to VCD

I found something that is in SVCD format, but I want to burn it to play it on my TV which supports VCD but not SVCD. What's the easiest way to convert it over from SVCD format to VCD so I can watch it on my DVD player on my TV?

~J
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

This is the "quick and dirty" way to accomplish this. Use TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Simple Multiplex

Load your SVCD file

Change mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD"

Enter a new filename in the "Output" box

Press the "Run" radio button

(Do not be concerned about any "Buffer underflow" messages you may see)

Burn (DO NOT ask burning software, such as NERO to CONVERT to VCD, rather merely BURN as a VCD)

Comment

• NBAJ2K
      • Jan 2003

Not working...

Im not sure if there's a codec of some sort that I should have or not. I did what you said to convert it and I only have sound and no video when I play it. Video does come up, but its just a black screen. Can anyone help?

~J

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I did what you said to convert it and I only have sound and no video when I play it."

Have you burned it to a CD-R or CD-R/W and tried playing it on your standalone player?

Comment

• NBAJ2K
          • Jan 2003

so you're saying that should work even if i can't see anything on the screen on my computer?

~J

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Yes...

Comment

• NBAJ2K
              • Jan 2003

tryin it now, im not sure if it will work because its from a BIN file so I took clonecd and took the MPG file out of the MPGEG2 directory that has the movie to do it.

~J

Comment

• NBAJ2K
                • Jan 2003

i did it. I'm trying to burn it in Nero, should I use a different program? When i get to burn, it says the file is not VideoCD compliant and must be re-encoded. I see you wrote not to reencode any files. It should be in .MPG format after converting it to VCD with TMPEG right?

Sorry, I just have a lot of stuff on SVCD that I want on VCD and don't want to mess it up. Sorry for all the questions.

~J

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"When i get to burn, it says the file is not VideoCD compliant and must be re-encoded."

After you've selected the "Video-CD" icon, click on the "Video-CD" tab - and remove the check mark from "Create standard compliant VCD"...

Comment

Working...