Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vik_pa
    • Jul 2003

divx file to svcd using tmpgenc

I have just converted a divx file to svcd using tmpgenc. However when I played it back on windows media player, the results were not what I expected. The film was a little box in the middle of the screen, there was a slight gap between each frame and the voices of the people talking were so deep I couldnt understand a word??? What have I done wrong. I followed the guide from divx-digest
  • vik_pa
    • Jul 2003

ok. in divx player the sound and frames are fine. but the size of the movie is still a box in the middle of the screen, as opposed to the divx file which took up the whole of the screen. it says the ouput size is 352x480 (mpeg-2). when i burn the svcd to cd and watch it on my dvd player, will the film be a small box on the middle of the tv screen as it is on my computer monitor???

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"when i burn the svcd to cd and watch it on my dvd player, will the film be a small box on the middle of the tv screen as it is on my computer monitor???"

I doubt it, UNLESS it also appeared that way in TMPGEnc's window when you were processing it. SuperVideoCD format is INTENDED for playback on a standalone DVD player-to-television setup (not really for PC playback).

1) Use a rewriteable CD for burning if you have a monetary concern

2) Use a software DVD player, such as WinDVD to more properly render your SVCD playback on your PC

Comment

• vik_pa
        • Jul 2003

yes it did also appear small in the tmpgenc window. but i came across an article: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgencxvcd.htm#settings
        that has allowed me to set the size of the film to 720x480 (for NTSC). the picture is now bigger, but still not the full width of the screen, hence I tried to set the width to a larger size, but an error came up something along the lines of "invalid window size".
        What is the best size to set the film at i.e. to get full screen???

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Under the "Advanced" tab, change "Video Arrange Method" to "Center (custom size)" and enter 352x480 - or set to "Fullscreen (keep aspect ratio). Under the "Video" tab, set "Size" to 352x480 as well...

Comment

Working...