Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hackwojr
    • Jan 2002

DivX to MPG2 with TMPGenc - timetable problems

I have done DivX to MPEG2 several times with no problems but recently, all my MPEG2 movies playback fine on the computer but if you look at the running time, it is jumping all over the place so when I burn this as a SVCD, it doesn't work. Has anyone had this problem? Interesting to note, when I play the file in TMPenc (in the mpeg edit tool part of the program) it plays with a linear time scale - but using WINDVD, it doesn't.

thanks,
    jeremy

Oh yeah - rather than post another post, let me just quickly ask this also - is there a forum dedicated to TMPGEnc that anyone knows of? There FAQ and support is lacking I think.
    Last edited by hackwojr; 1 Sep 2003, 03:56 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

As a simple experiment, load one of these "problematic" DivX-compressed .AVI files into the STANDARD VirtualDub. (Ignore any messages you may see regarding VBR [Variable Bitrate] .MP3 audiostreams)

Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy"

Save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• hackwojr
      • Jan 2002

Great Suggestion and thanks for your help.

I've actually tried that on a few different AVI's. Sometimes this introduces an audio gap which I have had to correct when encoding to MPEG2, but it still ends up with a messed up timescale.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Sometimes this introduces an audio gap which I have had to correct when encoding to MPEG2"

If both audio and video are set to "Direct Stream Copy", that shouldn't happen - since the only effect is to interleave the two streams (if that hadn't been previously interleaved)...

"Great Suggestion and thanks for your help."

My pleasure ;>}

Just out of curiosity, would you be good enough to do the following with one of your "problematic" DivX-compressed .AVI files?:

1) Load the video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• hackwojr
          • Jan 2002

Setarip,

Perhaps my problem was hardware. My hardrive on my laptop (where I did most of the work) crashed yesterday and I lost the files.. (It was only a year old... !?) Once I get that sorted out - I will readdress the issue if needed. Hopefully your mouse will cross my path if I need your help again.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Hopefully your mouse will cross my path if I need your help again."

That would be my pleasure ;>}

(Sorry to hear about your hard drive...)

Comment

Working...