X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HtF_de
    • Sep 2003

Removing Ads from MPEG streams

Hi,

I do DVDs from TV series - currently I use a VCR to record the episode, capture it and convert it to MPEG2 format. I've been thinking about buying a digital satellite receiver with HD so I can save myself the trouble of capturing and converting.

The only problem is that each episode has at least two interruptions by advertisements. How do I get rid of them?

Well, cutting an MPEG file cleanly should only work on I Frames - which would mean I can get no clean cut out of the movie and - more importantly - no clean cut INTO the movie when I want to join the part after the commercial break to the part before.

As far as I understand MPEG you'd have to recompress the last GOP sequence and to recompress the first GOP sequence of the next scene before you can do a clean join without synch problems.

Has anyone done something like that before and can you name a tool with which you can cut an MPEG on any - and not just I - frame?

Thanks in advance,

HtF
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

TMPGEnc...

TMPGEnc>>File>>MPEGTools>> Merge&Cut

OR

First create your DVD "package" (.IFOs, .BUPs, .VOBs) on your hard drive, then use DVDShrink's "Re-author" mode...

Comment

Working...