Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phill B
    • Jan 2002

help with tmpg etc

when i capture an avi file using my pinnacle card in premiere, before i encode this file using tmpgenc, do i have to render the completed avi file using premiere first

i always seem to end up with plain black screen when trying to do svcd in tmpgenc

i am new to this encoder and it look the biz

can someone please tell me what settings to use for a pal format svcd, and for use on a tv set do i need to de-interlace the picture first in premiere

in the past when encoding the file with nero (which has worked great and never had a bad copy (v.5.5.64)) when i have left the picture interlaced the quality seems sharper, but as soon as the picture moves however slight, the moving objects seem to tare as they move, but when de-interlaced they are clear, albeit the picture overall is more pixelly

lots of points here from a first time caller

system athlonxp @1710mhz, 768mb crucial pc266 @310mhz pinnacle dc10 capture board,gf3ti500, twin ibm 61.5 gig drives raid 0 striping, abit kr7a raid - this system rocks
  • Phill B
    • Jan 2002

ohhhh come on - surely some one can take time to assist me here
    pleassssseeeee

Comment

• ScottB
      • Jan 2002

tmpgenc

I might be able to help with the black screen in TMPGEnc. I assume the black screen is when you open the .avi file. In TMPGEnc, select Option, Environmental setting. On the VFAPI Plug-in tab, change the priority of the AVI VFW compatible Reader so it is up at the top (0 or 1, probably). The video should now show up.

Beyond that, I have not had any success with SVCD. I have used TMPGEnc to convert .avi to MPEG2, which is what you need to burn to SVCD. In TMPGEnc, I load the SVCD template.

When I play the MPEG2 file on my PC, it looks fine. When I burn an SVCD and play it on my DVD player and TV, there is a lot of jitter. It looks like there are alternating horizontal stripes that are offset a bit when the camera moves, especially when looking at vertical lines. It looks like maybe the interlacing is messed up somehow. I have no idea how to fix this problem.

Comment

Working...