Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ewca
    • May 2002

file allocation error

Hi there, I had tried to backup a expensive Eagles DVD which I brough 3 years ago. 1st , I load the dvd and back up by DVD Shrink 3.0 beta5, change most of the unwanted files to still image, and there was still 0.3GB extra space needed to burn to a 4.7G DVD-R disc. In order to trim down the size, I select the first VTS_01_1 . vob and trim down the size by using TMPGEnc DVD Author. the out coming file size is smaller and i use the Nero 6.0 to burn all the *.vob , *.info & *.bup to the dvd-r disc, after add all these files and nero 6.0 warn that there was a file allocation error and advise not to burn the media, otherwise, the dvd-r may not be able to play .... of course, the out coming disc can not be played by the dvd player, the dvd-r freeze after few second of played back ... I believe I may need to modify one/some of these files .. VTS_01_0.BUP , VTS_01_0 , VIDEO_TS.BUP. I think it may be the only problem from a newbie, but please have someone advise me the correct step / software to work on this DVD backup again.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I select the first VTS_01_1 . vob and trim down the size by using TMPGEnc DVD Author"

By doing this, you have invalidated the navigation information contained in the .IFO files.

It sounds like you haven't used DVD Shrink to at all compress the main movie...

(For future reference, you should post DVD Shrink-related questions in the DVD Shrink-specific sub-forums here)

Comment

Working...