• Sep 2003

sound problem

ok i have an avi that i want to encode
    i have extracted the audio with the VirtualDub
    than i encoded both files to mpeg2 PAL
    but the problem is that the audio is to fast for a few seconds
    what can be wrong
    please tell any reason
    maybe something with the settings in the VirtualDub?
    please help
  • qpito7
    • Sep 2003

try to use TmpGenc to encode it to Mpeg2 Files...

Click Setting

Click Advance

Double Click Source Range

On the Audio Graph Correct adjust the value to minus if the audio is ahead to video or vice versa if the video is ahead to audio... then click ok

try to encode it for about 5 mins. and look if the video and audio were synchronize. if not adjust again the audio graph correct till you finally satisfied on the result.. good luck

FWD# 96029

Comment

• Gil-Galad
      • Sep 2003

question again

thx
      i think that willl do
      but i have another problem
      sometimes when i start encoding the TMPGEnc shuts down or it sais that there is a an error and i cant do the encoding
      but if i do it again like 3 days later it works
      and sometimes it does not recognize the waw format
      i use TMPGEnc Plus 2.5!
      what could be wrong???
      and by the way is there a simpler way to get the number of miliseconds that the waw is faster than the video, rather than just guessing many times??
      please help

Comment

• qpito7
        • Sep 2003

it occurs sometimes if you have install too much video encoder in your system...... try to eliminate some of them that you dont used frequently... video encoder such as Xvid, k-lite codec pack is enough to encode a full mpeg1 or mpeg2 movie....

"is there a simpler way to get the number of miliseconds that the waw is faster than the video, rather than just guessing many times??"

as of now guessing it many times is the only thing i can do... i dont have any idea how to pinpoint it accurately as it used to be. it depends on the video source because many downloaded avi files in the internet is not encoded the same..... in the future, and if you find more easiest technique as what i told you please do share it to me too or post it here so i, same as you can learn it too... thanks to you too....

FWD# 96029

Comment

Working...