Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shotyfins
    • Oct 2003

Xvid to vcd

Every time I encode this xvid avi file to mpeg-1 using TMPGEnc, the encoded file has no sound. the sound on the origional .avi file works fine. Can somebody help?

• setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub (or any of its variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

The audiostream is probably in either .AC3 format or Variable Bitrate MPEG Layer 3 (VBR .MP3).

If it proves to be .AC3:

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

If it proves to be VBR:

Simply use VirtualDubMOD (Different than standard VirtualDub), to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
    Using VirtualDubMOD to Convert "VBR" .MP3 to Uncompressed .WAV

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK"

4) Save with a new filename

Comment

• shotyfins
      • Oct 2003

I used VDubMod to save the uncompressed wav file and used that as the audio source in TMPGEnc and it worked great. Thanks for the help Setarip.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks for the help Setarip."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...