X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stomach
    • Oct 2003

subtitles addition under VirtualDub

Hi,
    I am just trying to add subtitles to .avi movie in VB using known filter subtitler (1.3b by AveryLee) and what I note when try to preview is that subtitles in movie are sometimes too late sometimes too fast for about couple of seconds and the difference increase along the movie. It happens in VD even though the same movie with the same subs are displayed correctly in other soft for playback (Subedit). I thought that it doesn't matter how I see this on the PC monitor when encoding, because you know... but I can be wrong at P4 1700MHz 512MB ram...

some facts to get better picture of what is done :
    1 in subriper I get txt file converted to srt with frame 25 without any changes in time move (follow some guide)
    2 in srt to ssa converter (conversor) I conv. srt to ssa
    3 open the .avi in VD and then resizing and adding the subs which are being played at "random" (incorrect) time.
    Does anyone have any idea of what do I need to correct in my operations... ??

any help is highly appreciated...
  • Pnx
    • Mar 2003

Well i don't nedd to do all that steps, first of all install vobsub and it will add it a new filter to virtual dub (text sub).
    After that the only thing you need is .srt subtitles and it'll work just fine.
    If you use a subtitle format converter, after convert the subtitles try them because sometimes they get desyncronise (not syncronise) Sorry about the english

Comment

• Stomach
      • Oct 2003

Oh, I almost forgot about that question/thread...

Thanks for your responce but I fixed already this problem. I had wrong file with subtitles in .txt mode... I found the one which had proper timing for that movie length I needed.

Anyway thanks. Oh, I almost forgot... If you are familiar with subtitles so far then maybe you or any body else here would say something about how to create SVCD movie with selectable subtitles and with menus... and all that jazz.. . I mean where at least to find an info...?

thanks in advance

Comment

• Pnx
        • Mar 2003

Well, you can use DVD2SVCD because it allows you to insert more than 1 language of subtitles

Comment

• Stomach
          • Oct 2003

OF COURSE... THANKS !!

Comment

Working...