How to capture for Svcd in Videostudio7 ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chavdar
    • Nov 2003

How to capture for Svcd in Videostudio7 ?

Hi

I have used Videostudio7 to create a vcd form DV and all was OK, I used vcd capture format. However I found the quality not good when you have scenes with lots of people dancing...

I then tried to capture for Svcd but found that when you select SVCD for project settings it auto switches to MPEG, also in the Capture options SVCD is disabled. So I figure to make SVCD you need to capture in some other format and then convetrt when you finalise it ? Does this mean you have SVCD with varying quality, depending on what capture you set ?

Anyhow my question is "How to capture most effectively for the purpose of making an SVCD" - so that you do not fill up your hard drive withdata that will only be downsized by compression.

The other thing I could not grasp is what the resolution should be for SVCD, or is that variable too ? It makes no sense to capture at the full DV resolution and compress it later ?

Advice would be appreciated

Thank you

Chavdar
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

hmm if ur using a trial version is it a limitation? for trial, lot of software trials dont do mpeg2. check ur software, i had a VS 6 bundled with AGP, that make me get my hands on vs7 thus have no idea of what limitations trial has.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• SKD_Tech
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by atifsh
      hmm if ur using a trial version is it a limitation? for trial, lot of software trials dont do mpeg2. check ur software, i had a VS 6 bundled with AGP, that make me get my hands on vs7 thus have no idea of what limitations trial has.
      That could be the case. Just incase you didn't know SVCD is MPEG-2 so look for that in there.

Comment

Working...