X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ipanther
    • Aug 2002

Burning A VCD With Nero 6

Hi!

I just got a hold of Nero 6 and noticed it had an encoder built into it so that it encodes before buring to a CD.

Is it very successfull?
    Can the VCD be played on a VCD player or just the computer?
    Any advice on the best way of creating a VCD that will play on a VCD or DVD player?

Thx IPanther...
  • pieroxy
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Nov 2003

The Nero way should work on a standalone player. It is not new, even Nero 5 is proposing to encode movies when they are found not compliant to the VCD standard.

The way I do VCD is using TMPGEnc to encode the movie onto an MPEG-1 stream using the VCD template.

Then you just create a new project in Nero and drag and drop your encoded movies onto the CD, like for Audio CD. Nero will then analyze the stream and if it is VCD compliant (ie: If you used the VCD template in TMPGEnc), it will just copy it.

I do that because TMPGEnc is an excellent MPEG encoder and I am always reluctant to compromise on quality...
    "on the north side of 'wild-cat peak' the 'snow squaws' shake their winter blankets and bring forth a chill which rides the wind with goad and spur, hurling with an icy hand rime, and frost upon a dreamy land musing in the lap of Spring"

Comment

Working...