Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damo
    • Oct 2003

avi to meg2

I wish to convert an avi file to a mpeg 2 compliant stream. This is how it started, I have downloaded the return of the king trailer as a quicktime format and converted it to avi. I ran it through TMPENG program to convert it to mpeg2. Nero does not see it as a mpeg2 compliant stream. Reason for doing this is because I want to make a SVCD and for an old DVD player to support it.

My DVD player supports all mpeg2 (SVCD) compliant streams, no problems there but this coversion is giving me the ****s!

Does anyone know of any decent software ?
  • adodgegirl
    • Nov 2003

There are many programs that you can use. VCDhelp.com is a great place to look for ideas on how to fix problems. Tmpgenc is a good program for converting and probably the quickest. If Nero will not convert your options are limited to what I have found so far when it comes to a quick fix. Also you can use FX mpeg writer, and avi2vcd. All of these programs are found at the web site listed below. Good luck. I hope this helps.

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

Re: avi to meg2

Originally posted by damo
      I wish to convert an avi file to a mpeg 2 compliant stream. This is how it started, I have downloaded the return of the king trailer as a quicktime format and converted it to avi. I ran it through TMPENG program to convert it to mpeg2. Nero does not see it as a mpeg2 compliant stream. Reason for doing this is because I want to make a SVCD and for an old DVD player to support it.

My DVD player supports all mpeg2 (SVCD) compliant streams, no problems there but this coversion is giving me the ****s!

Does anyone know of any decent software ?
      u probably make non- svcd complient mpeg2 file. use tmpgenc's wizard choose svcd and load ur file and convert. now nero should and will work.
      Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• damo
        • Oct 2003

Thankyou for your reply atfish, I managed to work it out. I used DVD2SVCD and under the misc. tab I ticked avi and changed the encoder to tmegnc, which of course it was successful. Very happy person I am.

Thankyou very much for your advice.

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

Originally posted by damo

Thankyou very much for your advice.

ur welcome
          Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

Working...