Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • terryjoebob
    • May 2003

vcd audio sync issues using Nero

sorry for beating a dead horse on this topic, BUT...I've gotten several options from users on burning vcd's and having audio sync probs w/NEro..

I was scanning the posts to see if any other ideas..i've been using TMPEGENC to converts the divx file to mpeg1, and stripped audio and reconverted that from AC3 to a wav file using Headac3

saw a post that said use nero to burn only, don't let it convert to a vcd compliant format when you've already done that thru tmpegenc..my question is how do you get nero to NOT convert, just burn..when i load the file into nero, it just pops a box saying file not compliant, it will be converted before burning a vdc..i don't see a choice to not have it convert the file AGAIN..am i missing something?

is there any type of burning program thats better for VCD/SVCD?..i'm sold on nero for DVD's, audio CD's, etc..but i can't get it to make a vcd worth a damn

also before you make a dvd of files u download off the net, is there a format u have to convert the file to before you drop n drag to your DVD pallette? a common standard like mpeg 1 or 2 or 3?

TIA..terry
  • pieroxy
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Nov 2003

am i missing something?
    Yes

Basically, if the file is VCD compliant, Nero will not pop-up the dialog. A VCD compliant file has:

- MPEG-1 Video
    - 352x288/25fps or 352x240/29.97fps video stream
    - MPEG-1 layer 2 audio
    - 44,100Hz
    - Stereo

Is your MPEG file is not compliant (which is, differ from the above in any point) Nero will pop-up the dialog.

If the file is structurally compliant but not in the numbers (ie: MPEG-1 but different resolution, 48KHz audio but still MPEG1layer2...) Nero will propose a button allowing you to burn anyways.

But if your files is missing an audio stream for example, it will not propose it as the VCD would be unplayable.

Did you encode the movie AND the WAV file generated by Headac3 with TMPGEnc or just the movie? You need both. Try to load your resulting MPG file in GSpot, it will tell you the basic properties of the stream.
    "on the north side of 'wild-cat peak' the 'snow squaws' shake their winter blankets and bring forth a chill which rides the wind with goad and spur, hurling with an icy hand rime, and frost upon a dreamy land musing in the lap of Spring"

Comment

Working...