Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • futzinwu2
    • Dec 2003

EasyDivX

When going from DVD or Vob on Hard drive to VCD e.g , it will make an mpeg first. But when all is set to go and you press "DO IT" you get a strange message ----Don't save the divx in a directory which has an un-natural space (i.e:' ', instead of a natural dos space [i.e:'_']) in it. What is that all about??? Anyone have a clue because it won't allow me past that point. Thkx
    Last edited by futzinwu2; 9 Dec 2003, 10:17 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The program is apparently using standard DOS "8.3" protocol for naming files and directories/folders. If the directory/folder that you're saving to is named "My Video", simply change it to "My_video"...

Comment

• futzinwu2
      • Dec 2003

Unfortunately it didn't like that either. But I decided to save to another drive w/o a folder and that went. But I still don't understand that message entirely. Thnkx guy

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Unfortunately it didn't like that either"

EXACTLY what did you rename the folder?

Comment

• futzinwu2
          • Dec 2003

It seems it works if you allow it to make it's own folder e.g D:/easydivx_vob which is the folder . To do otherwise would make it a subfolder D:/easydivx_vob/whatever.
          After getting it to work even tho I specified 2 video files it made only 1 (avi) which came out as a widescreen (playable only with DivX Player) for its entire length BUT absolutly NO audio sound. Any ideas???? Thkx

Comment

Working...