Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • windz
    • Dec 2003

Please help with multiplexing

I'm trying to convert an avi file to mpg in order to burn it into vcd.

After i multiplexed the audio and video using tmpgenc, this warning came up: 232311 s packets caused buffer underflow. This MPEG file might cause error when it played.

I ignored the warning and burnt the mpg file to vcd. Video is fine but the sound is choppy. Can someone please help?

These were the steps i took when encoding audio and video from the avi file.
    1. Save audio using Nandub. Named the file, movie.ac3
    2. Fixed the audio using BeSliced.
    3. Convert to mp2 using BeSweetGUI. Made sure it was downsampled to 44100khz
    4. Encode video using TMPGEnc. Loaded the NTSCFilm setting: "MPEG-1 352x240 23.976fps CBR 1246kbps" Motion search precision is at highest quality level. Stream type set at "System (Video only)
    5. Multiplexed the audio and video using TMPGEnc MPEG Tools. "Type" was set at MPEG-1 Video-CD.

I managed to convert one avi file to vcd following the above steps but that was the only time i was successful. The rest of the files that i tried to convert ended up with the buffer underflow error and choppy sound when played on my VCD player.

Note: the converted mpg files played like normal when i played them on computer.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

(I'm presuming the audio bitrate is 224kbps)

Try reducing the video bitrate to 1,150kbps...

Comment

• windz
      • Dec 2003

No the audio bitrate is set at 192kbps. Actually i tried both 224kbps and 192kbps. Both didn't work.

I'll try reducing the video bitrate and update later.

Thanks for the reply.

PS: One more thing: How high a pirority do I have to put for the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader? I put it at 2 (which is higher than everything else) but my subtitles are only half there. For certain parts of the movie, the subtitles are not encoded at all. I'm using VobSub.

Comment

• windz
        • Dec 2003

Just wanted to say that I reduce the video bitrate to 1150 and now there is no problem in multiplexing the avi file with the audio, be it 192kbs or 224kbs.

Thanks setarip for your help.

Comment

Working...