• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • y_farkash
    • Dec 2003

NewB SVCD conversion and burning

Hi everyoe.

I'm new to VCD/SVCD burning.
    I was looking through the previous messages but couldn't find answers to my questions.

So....

I have a movie (752MB) I want to burn as a SVCD in order to watch it on a DVD player. I would really prefer burning it on ONE cd, no 2.

I'm using Nero 6 to burn.

When I choose to creat a SVCD in nero, and than drag the file, it says "The file is not valid for creating a stabdard SVCD disc...."

Q1: Do I really need it to be a STANDARD SVCD?!?!

OK, it than says that:
    "the following problams were found:
    - MPEG-1 instead of MPEG2
    - Inalid video stream" 25 frame/sec, 352 x 288 pixels.
    How would you like to continue?
    Turn off standard compliance and contnue OR re-encode?"

So, if I re-encode the file becomes about twice as big (1.5GB) and I cant burn it on one CD.

Q2: If I use TMPEng to convert the file, can I tell it how big I want the end file to be? And if I do, will it be in decent quality if I make it 750MB?

Q3: Any suggestions as for what should I do?

Thanx!
  • gd_nimrod
    • Nov 2002

Ok. Here's what you CAN do:

Burn the file as a VCD in nero (your dvd will be able to read it since it can read SVCD).
    *OR*
    Re-encode the file in tmpgenc to make it ~750mb (however you will lose quality and as an svcd will look pretty bad).

Note that most dvd players only accept STANDARD s/vcd which is why nero forces that upon you.
    Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• pieroxy
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Nov 2003

the following problams were found:
      - MPEG-1 instead of MPEG2
      - Inalid video stream" 25 frame/sec, 352 x 288 pixels.
      How would you like to continue?
      Turn off standard compliance and contnue OR re-encode?
      Your movie seems to be a VCD, not an SVCD. So just burn it as a VCD, not as an SVCD. There is no point in making a SVCD out of it.

Try to create a new "VCD" in Nero and drag the file. Just tell us if you have any error down there
      "on the north side of 'wild-cat peak' the 'snow squaws' shake their winter blankets and bring forth a chill which rides the wind with goad and spur, hurling with an icy hand rime, and frost upon a dreamy land musing in the lap of Spring"

Comment

Working...