Can someone please explain deinterlace filter.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lathamj
    • Dec 2003

Can someone please explain deinterlace filter.

I am new to backing up dvd movies. I am using imtoo dvd ripper. Seems like a good package but has heaps of settings and not too many explanations.

I have tried to copy silence of the lambs with different settings but always seem to get a jumping image in certain scenes. I think it has something to do with the deinterlace settings. Have tried none and also interpolate but has jumping scenes on both.

Any help very much appreciated.
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

hav'nt used imtoo dvd ripper.
    try dvd decrypter and extract the dvd to ur harddisk in vob format.

then u can use different tools to make whatever u like ........divx or vcd/svcd or even dvd-r.

now for deinterlace, format of video for televisions is interlace, means they use 2 seperate pics to make one frame, for better quality. u need to de interlace it if u wanna see on monitor thats prograsiv. otherwise ull see white/ggray horizontal lines.

so if u wanna backup for watching on monitor use deinterlace filter otherwise dont, software dvd players hav there own.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• lathamj
      • Dec 2003

Why not all in one programs

Thanks for the prompt reply. The program I am using rips the dvd to the hard drive and converts it to vcd or svcd or divx format as it does so. Is there a reason most people on this forum use individual programs to do these tasks that can be done by one.

Further to the deinterlace problem. Some movies work fine. Others have the annoying flicker.

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

Re: Why not all in one programs

Originally posted by lathamj
        Thanks for the prompt reply. The program I am using rips the dvd to the hard drive and converts it to vcd or svcd or divx format as it does so. Is there a reason most people on this forum use individual programs to do these tasks that can be done by one.

Further to the deinterlace problem. Some movies work fine. Others have the annoying flicker.
        because individual programs do better what they made for then the all in one. like dvd decrypter do well then tmpgenc make vcd/svcd / dvd just fine with all the filters u may need .....deinterlace. one of them.............

Comment

• lathamj
          • Dec 2003

Last question i promise

I have tried dvd decoder and then found some help using tmpgenc. Am I doing it the hard way.

Dvd decoder makes vob files, it appears to me they then have to be converted to avi files for tmpgenc to work. Also the audio has to be converted. Very complicated what am I doing wrong.

Comment

• atifsh
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2003

Re: Last question i promise

Originally posted by lathamj
            I have tried dvd decoder and then found some help using tmpgenc. Am I doing it the hard way.

Dvd decoder makes vob files, it appears to me they then have to be converted to avi files for tmpgenc to work. Also the audio has to be converted. Very complicated what am I doing wrong.
            try dvd2svcd ..... http://www.dvd2dvd.org/
            hav'nt used it but heard its easier to make vcd/svcd.....

Re: Last question i promise

u can ask as many as u like i will answer an many i can, if i cant some one will. thats why this forum exists.....

Comment

Working...