Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crrimson
    • Jan 2004

Combining Multiple AVI's, audio out of synch

I have 7 avi's that I am trying to combine to combine to create a single SVCD. The audio synch is just fine with all of them. I then use Virtualdub to append these files and the audio becomes out of synch on any of the video segments other than the first one.

I originally had to save all the avi's again using the method suggested by setarip: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...ht=joining+avi

Where am I going wrong, since the synch is only lost after the first video.
    Last edited by crrimson; 6 Jan 2004, 08:24 AM.
  • crrimson
    • Jan 2004

This sucks, they're taking up around 2-3 gigs of hard drive space I'd love to know how to burn them to svcd without the audio being out of synch.

Comment

• pieroxy
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Nov 2003

Why do you need to merge them? I mean, you could generate 7 MPEG files out of your 7 AVIs and burn them as different tracks on your SVCD. Of course the transition won't be smooth, but unless these are 7 parts of one big movie, this should be allright.

Let me know if that help.
      "on the north side of 'wild-cat peak' the 'snow squaws' shake their winter blankets and bring forth a chill which rides the wind with goad and spur, hurling with an icy hand rime, and frost upon a dreamy land musing in the lap of Spring"

Comment

• crrimson
        • Jan 2004

That helps, but I didn't know if having 7 different mpeg (svcd) files that I could burn them as different tracks. I thought a svcd file had to be the image for the whole cd, but it doesnt?

I just didn't want to spend the time encoding when I would have to make 7 cds when I should only be making 1 or 2 if I combined them.

I will start encoding them to mpeg again tonight then.

Comment

• pieroxy
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Nov 2003

That helps, but I didn't know if having 7 different mpeg (svcd) files that I could burn them as different tracks
          You can think of it as CD-Audio. If you have WAV files, you will be able to make one track out of each one. If you have an ISO file, that's one CD.

Same for (S)VCD: If you have MPEG files, you can burn them as tracks, if you have an ISO image, then that's one CD.
          "on the north side of 'wild-cat peak' the 'snow squaws' shake their winter blankets and bring forth a chill which rides the wind with goad and spur, hurling with an icy hand rime, and frost upon a dreamy land musing in the lap of Spring"

Comment

• crrimson
            • Jan 2004

Alright, well thanks, there are 7 seperate mpegs being created right now in tmpgenc! Now to create a menu/chapters. Although just getting it to burn finally is all that really matters.
            Last edited by crrimson; 6 Jan 2004, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• pieroxy
              Platinum Member
              Platinum Member
              • Nov 2003

If you want to make it simple, you can use Nero to burn your SVCDs. You can create menus trivially.

For chapters, you'll have to use a more complex program, like VCDEasy...

Have a great SVCDying

Comment

Working...