Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wolf_22
    • Jan 2004

OK! Here's where I am now...

I really need help dudes! Okay, I have that movie, "The Beach" and am atempting to make a backup of it. Well, heres the deal. I have the .VOB files, and I used FLASK to make the .AVI and what happened was that FLASK only converted like a 4th or 5th of the movie. Now, before I began to convert it all, I told FLASK to only convert 1 of the .VOB files. Do I have to convert every single .VOB file I have? I thought that you only need 1 of the .VOB files to convert the whole movie. I am guessing that I am wrong in that assumption. Please help me w/ this. All you ppl are awesome at this stuff and where I come from, no one even knows how to use a mouse... Please be exact too... Thanks
  • Qyd
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Oct 2002

in the latest flask releases, if you open the <b>first</b> vob in a sequence, flask will proccess all vob files in that sequence

i don't know if i understand very well what you say, but.... of course you need all vob files to convert the entire movie...

Comment

• Wolf_22
      • Jan 2004

Okay, I'll go look for that newest release... Wish me luck...

Comment

• Wolf_22
        • Jan 2004

ARGGGG!!!!

Okay, got the latest version of flask and first of all, it didn't even start the encoding process... 2nd of all, like I said, i'm trying to copy the Beach. I don't know if theres some sort of backup countermeasures on that movie, but for some reason whenever I try to watch it in ".VOB mode" in FLASK, about half way through it right after the shark attack, i get this message:

The instruction at "0x004070c0" referenced memory at "0x018ced10". The memory could not be "read".

Prior to this message, the picture in the movie get "garbled" with "Nintendo" squares of various color arrangments. -Almost like the Direct TV Satelite picture when a rain storm cloud comes through.

Anyways, if someone out there has ANY idea of wtf is going on, then please drop a line. I really would love to make a backup for this because I have a little brother that keeps messing around w/ my stuff and sooner or later I just know he's gonna mess w/ this. Thanks! P.S.- Is it a ripping screw up? Cause I don't understand how encoding this into an AVI would cure the "Nintendo" illness, not to mention the error with FLASK...

Comment

• Qyd
          Digital Video Technician
          Digital Video Technician
          • Oct 2002

are you trying to encode directly from dvd or did you rip the dvd to harddrive first (to remove macrovision protection, CSS scrambling, region code)? I
          f you ripped, did you do it in 'movie' of in 'full backup' mode?

Comment

• Wolf_22
            • Jan 2004

Arggggg!!!

Okay. The ripper I used was "SmartRipper 2.41" and I did it in "Movie" mode. I ripped the .VOB files to my harddrive, and then from there, I attempted the encoding crap. Like I said though, after I ripped them and "checked" them out in FLASK, I saw that Nintendo blocks bs in the middle of the movie right after the shark attack. I'm pretty sure this is because of the ripping process because encoding them a certain way would only "ignore" the quality that is at hand. I'm running a P4 w/ 512mb so I am faily certain that it isn't a harware thing because I havent had any "issues" w/ some of the other movies that I have backed up. I'll be watchin this for suggestions...

Comment

Working...