Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fg2kuan
    • Feb 2004

Winsubmux problems

Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't really find it on this board.

I'm trying to mux subtitles into svcd. I've made .sub with MaestroSBT, no problems there. I ripped source mpeg from .bin file and fixed it with vcdeasy. Seems ok as well. But when I try to mux subtitles in, I get bunch of errors, actually I get error for every bmp, something like incorrect packet..., unknown header..., skipped ...bytes of garbage. Preview looks fine.

And of course no subtitles are added to the output mpeg.

Any idea?

Thanks.
  • mescalino
    • Jun 2002

your source mpeg is probably not (s)vcd. if this is the case, there is a way around it. open TMPGEnc, go to File - MPEG Tools - Simple De-Multiplex and open your mpeg. Press Run and when it's finished, go to Multiplex and open files created with Simple De-Multiplex. Under Type, choose MPEG-2 Super VideoCD (VBR). Choose output file, and then Run. Use the created file with winsubmux and now you wont have problems with errors.
    for me it didn't work but only because my dvd-player doesn't support switchable subtitles

Comment

• fg2kuan
      • Feb 2004

Thanks for the reply. Source was supposed to be SVCD but then again, I got it as a CD image Will let you know later today if the solution worked )

Comment

• fg2kuan
        • Feb 2004

Update: Yep it worked, thanks a bunch!!

Comment

• mescalino
          • Jun 2002

glad to be of help

Comment

Working...