Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajaround
    • Feb 2004

avi file HUGE after encoding

I tried using TMPGEnc to convert an avi file. It was a 700 meg file when I started, and when it was finished converting, it was 5 gigs. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. Thx
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I tried using TMPGEnc to convert an avi file. It was a 700 meg file when I started, and when it was finished converting, it was 5 gigs. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong."

Did you use one of the "Project Wizard" templates in TMPGEnc to convert the AVI file to mpeg? Otherwise, The bitrate might have been excessively high.

Comment

• ajaround
      • Feb 2004

I didnt change a thing. I just used the default settings. I am new to this, so I didnt want to change anything. I think the default bitrate is 1150.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"I didnt change a thing. I just used the default settings"

Start TMPGEnc. If the "Project Wizard" page does not come up automatically, go to "File" > "Project Wizard". Choose a template (DVD, SVCD for mpeg 2). Load your AVI and follow the proceeding dialogs. My guess is that your original AVI (700 mgs) was probably compressed with a divx or xvid codec. You can check this out by downloading a utility called GSpot.

Comment

Working...