Help please! Cannot convert avi file to Mpeg-1 format!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • c013310
    • Feb 2004

Help please! Cannot convert avi file to Mpeg-1 format!!!

I have a movie on my computer but i can't convert it to Mpeg-1(VCD) format to put on a Cd-r. I have tried TMPGEnc, WinMPG and Cucusoft video converter but all of these say that it is an unsupported format. Here are the details of the movie taken from GSpot:
    Video codec:MP43 Name-S-Mpeg 4 version 3
    ffdshow Mpeg-4 Video decoder
    Audio codec:Mpeg layer-3 Decoder -Morgan stream switcher
    code-0x0055
    Name-WAVE_FORMAT_LAYER3(MP3)

I am new to converting and encoding so please help. Thank you!
  • megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

As far as I know, TMPGEnc should be able to accept an AVI file and convert it to MPEG-1 for VCD. Do you have the right codecs installed to play the file? What player are you using for this file?
    Last edited by megamachine; 23 Feb 2004, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• megamachine
      Video Fiddler
      • Mar 2003

You can also try AVI2VCD. By the way, the AVI has to be free of bad frames for this to work well. I would recommend searching these forums for threads that address how to fix this problem.

Comment

• c013310
        • Feb 2004

the film works on all players like global divx player and real one player. I also think i have all the right codecs installed as the fim does play correctly. The thing is that i have about five films in this format and all of them have the same problem.
        I'll try avi2vcd tomorrow and see whether it works. I also tried burning it with nero after it encoded it itself as it was not a Mpeg-1 file and it worked until i played it on my DVD player and it was back to front and upside down and i'm not going to watch a film like this.

Do you have any suggestions because i am getting frustrated because i've been trying to solve this problem for two weeks and everything i have tried has failed?

Comment

• tigerman8u
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2003

I've used Mainconcept with success when TMPGenc wouldn't work.

Comment

• danbeherenow
            • Feb 2004

use an avi file fixed - video fixer (download.com) then use it, should work okay.. use a better avi --> vcd file maker lol!

danbeherenow.

Exist.

Comment

Working...