Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Artemis-kun
    • Feb 2004

Gah, first timer at SVCD'ing u.u;;

Alright, so I decided I want to try and make this one divx avi I got into an svcd so that I could play it in the dvd player in the common area. So, I have pinnacle trex for making it into an svcd format thingy. But when I encoded it, it made it into a 1.82 gig file, which isn't fitting on any cds I own, lol.. I'm wondering how is the best way to go about splitting the files, do I have to split the avi file (please say no, cuz my avi file apparently has bad VBR encoding and the auido sync is way the hell off no matter what I seem to do in virtualdub) and the encode those little bits, or can I split the mpeg file? Thanks tons for any help!

Artemis-kun
  • Sgt. Sagara
    • Feb 2004

I recommend downloading TMPGEnc and Nero 6. TMPGEnc encodes VCD and SVCD good, one of the options it has is a source range, for you I'd recommend the project wizard, it will help you encode it properly and see how much space it will take on a cd in the end, one observation, 700MB cds hold 80 minutes according to that chart, so don't go based on where the red line is on the chart

Comment

• Artemis-kun
      • Feb 2004

Ok thanks, I'm trying to use tmpeg, but I'm having trouble with the sound. for some reason, when I tried to encode a selection of it, using the avi as the sound source, tmpeg didn't encode any sound at all, it was silent, so I decided to try and pull off the sound in vdub and use it as the source audio instead, but the sync is really badly off for the second part. the first part turned out ok, but the second is really bad... and I can't for the life of me figure out how I can get the sound to sync up. vdub does give me this error when I load the avi about having a bad VBR and that it uses an auto-correcting thingy and that it might introduce up to 30 secs of desync... anyone have any ideas as to a good solution for this? D:

Comment

• Sgt. Sagara
        • Feb 2004

I hate it when they encode VBR sound, ok to fix the misalignment you need to save the audio to WAV, in vdub it is under the file menu, put it on the desktop or wherever, next since vdub doesn't really save it as a wav file you need to convert it to an actual wav file (it is an MP3 with a .wav extension) open it in windows sound recorder located in start, programs, accessories, entertainment, sound recorder. Open it in there and go under file then properties, then you can convert file with the convert button, make sure you convert it to PCM 44,100 Hz 16bits Stereo 172K/b is the option there then click ok, click ok again when it is done and save it, then you can use that wav file in TMPGEnc as a seperate audio file for your SVCD

Comment

Working...