Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • legion9
    • Mar 2004

Won’t convert to VCD properly! HELP

I have two files on my computer that I want to convert to Mpeg 1 (VCD) so I can put them on a cd. I have WinMPG Video Convert as the converter.

The first file is a avi and after I convert it the sound is off by a few seconds. When someone talk you don’t hear what they say for a few seconds. I have tried every type of option that WinMPG has every frame rate and every time this happens. The video plays fine except for one or two seconds where the video is mess up but other then that its perfect. I am so sick of this file and not sure if it is even worth all the trouble I had and still haven’t got the job done.

The second video is a xvid now this one plays but in a couple spots in the video win amp says it encounter a problem and needs to close. I try anyway to convert it and it didn’t seem to have a problem expect when it hit the same spot where win amp said their a problem I think this is my codec but not sure I messed around with other ones and the video won’t even play.

Here are my codecs I have installed

Divx Codec 3.1 alpha release

SID Codec Pack 1.3

Xvid MPEG-4 Codec

Please any help on programs or codecs to get or something I might be doing wrong. I’ am new to all this and any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Try a program called "TMPGENc" (different from TMPGENc DVD Author). Load your Avi/Xvid into the "Project Wizard" template for Video-CD (NTSC or PAL) to accomplish the task. Go to "File" > "Project Wizard" (this dialog box might come up automatically when you launch the program). TMPGENc is fully functional for a 30 day trial period.

Comment

• legion9
      • Mar 2004

ok I tried tmpgenc I like it more then my other one (more options). when I tried the first video I mention above the sound was only on for a few seconds and no sound for the rest of the movie what was I doing wrong.

and the second video above when I put it in tmpgenc the sound file didn't pop up and wouldn’t let me put it in so I rip the sound off of the video and put the sound form the video in mp3 when the video finished it finished the video which was a sock because win amp couldn’t play the whole then without manually fast forward over the bad spots. but something wrong I can't watch it and it not even a video file says my computer. so I thought it the sound file what format should I make it or are my video junk and not going to be able to make a cd out of them. thanks for everything any suggestions would be great.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"so I rip the sound off of the video and put the sound form the video in mp3 when the video finished it finished the video"

You are going to have to convert the mp3 to either WAV or Mp2, and then make sure the audio is 44.1 KHz. Do you indeed have separate audio files?

Comment

• legion9
          • Mar 2004

Great i convert the video to wav and it worked! And the frist video i rip the sound and did the same and that worked to! I can't put into words on how I appreciate your help and thank you so much!

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"I appreciate your help and thank you so much!"

Glad to be of help, and glad to hear that it worked.

Comment

Working...