Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ps76
    • Apr 2004

How to reduce MPG files?

Hello everyone, my first attempt here to get some help. This is the situation: I have transferred my old VHS videos to my computer, using Pinnacle Moviebox, into Studio8, and they are now on my harddisk as mpg2 files.
    Some of them are very large, so I want to reduce them to a size to fit on a single DVD. Some even to fit a vcd.
    I have tried via TmpgEnc, but it gives problems with the sound - it is not in sync. Getting worse along the movie. I have also tride to run the sound through Virtualdub, but same result.
    WHAT CAN I DO to reduce my mpg files, without these problems?
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Try a program called "ReJig".

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"they are now on my harddisk as mpg2 files."

Have you played these INITIAL MPEG-2 files to make certain that THEY are synchronized?

Comment

• ps76
        • Apr 2004

Yes, there is nothing wrong with the files, after taking them into the harddisk via the moviebox. Sound and picture nicely syncronized.

Comment

• tigerman8u
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2003

You can use Tmpgenc dvd Author "or it's equivalent" and make your your compliant dvd files, then use Dvdshrink to compress to the desired size.

Comment

• ps76
            • Apr 2004

The link to "reJig" is dead - and I have tried via google as well with no luck. Anyone knows where to get hold of this?

Comment

Working...