Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boone
    • May 2004

problems with sound in DivX encoded movies

I just recently found out how great vcd's can actually be, and so I now want to convert some existing movies I have (which are encoded in DivX format) into mpeg files. At first, I thought that wouldn't be too much of a problem, I bought a software called "DaViDeo3" which comes with the handy Video Converter tool, but everytime I try to convert some divx movie to mpeg the sound just isn't synchronized with the video. And I also tried the "#1 Video Converter" and even tried to encode it to wmv format but still the same result: as long as the movie is in divx format it looks and sounds perfectly, and whatever I try (I also tried TMPGEnc) it never works.

Is there any other software I can try, or do I have to do something with that DivX movie before I can convert it?

Thanks in advance to everyone who got a suggestion!
  • vmesquita
    • May 2004

Hi boone,

You probably have an AVI with corrupted frames, have you tried to run DivFix throught it?
    You can try doing this conversion using my automated tool DIKO, it's in my sig. But right now it requires CCE SP (this will change soon)

Comment

• sfheath
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Sep 2003

Have you tried a search on the DivX sub-forum?
      This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• boone
        • May 2004

Thanks for your replys,
        @vmesquita: I will try DivFix, but the problem is that I've tried it with about 10 movies already (different avis) and they all didn't work either...your program sounds neat, but I want to create MVCD's so it won't work for me...

@sfheath: I haven't tried to search yet, but I will!

Comment

Working...