Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rubymagic
    • Jul 2004

TMPGEnc AC3 problem

I know this subject has appeared before but this is the first time I have had trouble with TMPGEnc and AC3 so I thought I would start a clean thread.

I have attached the GSpot on the file in question.

I have DirectShow as a high priority within TMPGEnc and have up until now had no trouble encoding AC3 to SVCD but with this file the audio is missing from the finished SVCD encoded file. I have tried encoding this .avi using Boilsoft encoder and Nero and neither of these have a problem (the finished .mpg has sound) but unfortunately they both encode the file to a larger file size and therefore will not fit on a CD whereas TMPGEnc fits the file to a CD.

As you can see from GSpot I have 3 codecs that can be used but for some reason TMPEnc has a problem.......any ideas?

Any help will be greatly appreciated as it has taken me a week to get these files!
    Attached Files
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

The Ac3 audio stream could have a "Bad" or "Corrupt" header. Use a utility called "AC3Fix" to correct the header.

Comment

• rubymagic
      • Jul 2004

Thanks for you help

Two further queries have now arisen......

1) How do seperate the audio file from the video in order to use AC3fix please? I've seen a guide somewhere but I can't seem to find the thing!

2) I have loaded the complete AVI into VirtuaDub and that tells me that it cannot find a suitable audio decompressor even though GSpot tells me that I have 3?????

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"I have loaded the complete AVI into VirtuaDub and that tells me that it cannot find a suitable audio decompressor"

In VirtualDub, go to "File" > "File Information" and post everything that is listed under the video and audio sections of the dialog box, or post a screen capture of the information.

Comment

• rubymagic
          • Jul 2004

Here is the file information as per VDub
          Attached Files

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

Well the decompressor is the Divx pro 5 codec. Do you indeed have this installed on your machine?

Comment

• rubymagic
              • Jul 2004

I've just checked and I do have the Divx Pro codec installed.

The msg VDub is coming up with is that is no audio decompressor available?????

Surely the codecs must be present as I can play the file(s) fine in WMP or Divx Player and Nero/Boilsoft encode the file(s) to SVCD complete with sound.....it's just VDub & TMPGEnc that are having problems........??

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

"The msg VDub is coming up with is that is no audio decompressor available?????"

VDub is indicating the audio stream is indeed Ac3 (tag 2000). If you have successfully played the file-as you have indicated, then you are OK as far as having the proper audio codec installed. The thing that concerns me about the file is that your "GSpot" screenshot indicates that the video codec is "DivX 3-low motion" which would mean it was processed with the "DivX 3.XX" codec. However the VDub "File Information" states that the video codec is the "DivX Pro 5.0.5" codec. Is this indeed the same file? Also, did you by any change download this file?

Comment

• rubymagic
                  • Jul 2004

Yes, I have downloaded 11x349Mb files with B/T.

I have just checked all 11 and VDub states that all of them are encoded with Divx Pro 5 and GSpot states Divx 3 Low Motion.

The frustrating thing is that both Nero and Bitwise convert the files perfectly complete with the audio but these two programs create files that will not fit on CD whereas TMPGEnc will fit it on a CD...

Many thanks for your assistance so far

P.S. Sorry for the late response but I'm in Asia so I'm sure there is time difference between us......
                  Last edited by rubymagic; 27 Aug 2004, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• ormonde
                    Digital Video Explorer
                    • Dec 2003

"The frustrating thing is that both Nero and Bitwise convert the files perfectly complete with the audio but these two programs create files that will not fit on CD whereas TMPGEnc will fit it on a CD..."

If your objective is to convert to VCD, and you are having trouble with TMPGEnc, you could try a program called "AVS Video Converter". Just load the original AVI file and there is an mpeg-1 VCD setting that will convert the file automatically.

Comment

Working...