Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FireWired
    • Feb 2002

Making a VCD

Greetings, lately ive been trying to make VCD's from avi/mpg files without success, programs like TempEnc and Avi2vcd only convert the files into mpeg-1 format which obviosly wont work on my DVD player, is there a program that will actually make VCD's not just convert my files to mpeg-1, i hear nero does it but are there others?
    Last edited by FireWired; 24 Feb 2002, 08:52 PM.
  • zeppage2
    • Jan 2002

Perhaps your dvd player is not compatible with vcd's...perhaps you need to change the brand of blank media...perhaps you need to use cd-rw instead of cd-r...

Please provide all pertinent hardware and software info when requesting help...

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"Greetings, lately ive been trying to make VCD's from avi/mpg files without success, programs like TempEnc and Avi2vcd only convert the files into mpeg-1 format which obviosly wont work on my DVD player"

When using TMPGEnc, you have to change the mode from the default of "MPEG1" to "MPEG1-VideoCD", in order to create a VCD-format MPEG1 file...

Comment

• gchester
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Feb 2002

making a VCD

converting an AVI file couldnt be simpler..use Roxio VideoPack 5 it will do VCD/SVCD etc.. with the click of a button and burn the file to a clone CD or directly to disc...if your a friend of morpheus you will know where to find!!

Comment

• loa72
          • Mar 2002

I was reading this thread and thought about another question:

Can Nero handle Mpeg-2 format for SVCD?

If not, can anyone recommend a software that would handle both Mpeg-1 for VCD and Mpeg-2 for SVCD?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Can Nero handle Mpeg-2 format for SVCD?"

Yes...

Comment

• Beamer_Boy
              • Mar 2002

To gchester
              Thanx for the tip about Roxio videopack it´s very functional and userfriendly

Comment

Working...