Audio conversion with TMPGenc lowers voice a couple of octaves???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimtc
    • Feb 2002

Audio conversion with TMPGenc lowers voice a couple of octaves???

I have been trying to put my DV tapes onto CD-R so that I can have a backup and play them in my DVD player. I captured the video via my firewire card and Ulead studio pro and it came out fine... however when converting it to VCD format with TMPGenc ( tried Uleads convert tool and it offset the audio and had poor picture quality) the video came out great but the audio was in sync but deeper, my 2 year old sounded like me and I sounded like the serial killer from Silence of the Lambs. While this was good for a few laughs I would like to figure out how to fix it. I have succesfully converted a 2 minute clip while testing a week ago but I must have done something different this time. Again my .avi capture is perfect sounding so I would guess the audio is getting altered during the conversion to vcd.

Thanks,
    Jim
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

What format/codec was used for the captured audio?

Comment

• jimtc
      • Feb 2002

FormatCM
      Attributes: 32.000kHz, 16 bit stereo

Comment

• gchester
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Feb 2002

deep audio

JIMTC when re-encoding make sure you keep the audio sampling rate at 41hz you could keep it at 48hz but some dvd players have probs...also give FLASKmpeg a go you may find it easier to use
        good luck..

Comment

• jimtc
          • Feb 2002

what part of the equasion does FLASKmpeg play... conversion... capture... as you can tell I am a newbie to this. i know I could probably find the answere if I searche d but since you are on line you might save me a little time.

thanks,
          jim

Comment

• gchester
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Feb 2002

re-above

ok mate... flaskmpeg is very much like TMPGEnc only i find it easier to use.. Use whatever you like to capture the video etc.. i use premier6 myself but that's another story..after you have your captured AVI file 352x288 for VCD and 480x576 for SVCD if your new to this will stick with VCD..make sure you capture at 48hz for best possible quality
            You may not have many video codecs if your new to this so download the DIVX 3 video codec bundle and install.. you should be able to capture with this codec (small file sizes good quality) load up Flask and go to file load, next go to options and select output format and choose bbmpeg Encoder , select run and choose start conversion. you will then get another list of options go to video options and choose mpeg1VCD and not mpeg1 the two formats are slighty different.. Then press the start button and wait!!!!!!! only use NERO to burn the cd it's encoding abilities are crap..and thats the easy way..

The best Program for all of the above is Roxio VideoPack 5 which will do all of the above in one program (apart from capture) you can buy this software for $499.99 or you could download it from another source (e.g.) Kazza

Comment

• jimtc
              • Feb 2002

Thanks for the information. Hopefully this will keep me going for a while... but of course I will find another hurdle when I want to move to the next level and get tricky.

thanks,
              Jim

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"FormatCM
                Attributes: 32.000kHz, 16 bit stereo"

I assume that you're indicating uncompressed PCM audio

You should always capture at 48,000 Uncompressed PCM- and then under TMPGEnc, change it to 44,100 for VCD compliance.

And, just a side note - TMPGEnc (especially since you've already familiarized yourself with it) is a far superior MPEG1/VCD/MPEG2/SVCD-specific tool than Flask.

Comment

• jimtc
                  • Feb 2002

Originally posted by setarip
                  "FormatCM
                  Attributes: 32.000kHz, 16 bit stereo"

I assume that you're indicating uncompressed PCM audio

You should always capture at 48,000 Uncompressed PCM- and then under TMPGEnc, change it to 44,100 for VCD compliance.

And, just a side note - TMPGEnc (especially since you've already familiarized yourself with it) is a far superior MPEG1/VCD/MPEG2/SVCD-specific tool than Flask.
                  yes PCM audio (for some reason it put a smiley for the P)

I am captureing with a firewire card and Ulead MediaStudio Pro 6.0 from my Canon miniDV camera. I am running XP. How do I set capture to "48,000 Uncompressed PCM"? Looking at the menus in Uleads Video Capture 6.0, specifically the "setup" menu the option for video audio and compression are greyed out and cannot be opened. I am guessing that is where the options are to set the captured audio. Please explain.

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

Check either the documentation or click on the dropdown "Help" menu...

Comment

Working...