Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chozla
    • Oct 2004

TMPGenc won't open file

Everytime I try to open a d2v project in tmpgenc, I always get the message "File XXXXX cannot be opened or unsupported". Sometimes it seems to work, but when I try to do the 29 fps to 24 fps convertion, I can't click on the auto settings button in the inverse telecine window. I use DVD2AVItlg which come with Gordian Knot to make the d2v file. What can I do?
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

I take it that you have first ripped the original DVD to your HD with DVD Decrypter. Did you move or delete the folder containing the ripped project by chance?

Comment

• Chozla
      • Oct 2004

No. I rip with smartripper. And I never touch the folder until I finish everything.

Comment

• noobsaibot
        • Apr 2002

Hey Chozla, this happens to me all the time, it seems to be a bug with Tmpgenc. When this happens here, I just make another .d2v file with same settings, but different filename, and believe it or not... it works.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Try the following:

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to one greater than the highest priority of listed items. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

Comment

Working...