Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • niceonedave
    • Feb 2003

SVCD Encoding Time

Hi, I have been encoding a lot of SVCD over the years using my Laptop, it has an AMD Athlon XP 1500+ processor with 512MB of RAM. Not the fastest computer, I know, but it works well. Anyway, it takes about 20-24 hours to do a conversion from DVD to SVCD, thats Ripping all the Way through to creating the Images for burning, but the thing is it is too long. I need to use my computer during the day, so leaving it over night doesn't work cause my computer is out of action for a full 24 hours.

My first and most hopeful question is, is there anything I can do to speed things up? I use the all in one program DVD2SVCD and all the accompanying programs. And I do a 2 pass VBR to create 2 CDs. I don't really want to lose any quality, but I am willing to sacrafice a little if it will drastically cut down the time. Any tips on speeding it up?

My second question is, can I split the process in 2 using DVD2SVCD, I know I can rip first then load it up again for the conversion, but the majority of the time comes from encoding. So is it possible to set it up so that I do 1 pass 1 night and the 2nd the next?

Thanks
Working...