Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wanchope
    • Jan 2002

VCD .dat Editing

I have several VCD I have made from mpeg files using TMPG encoder and Nero5.

I want to chop off the Intro of the movies as I messed up when I was making them and put them on twice.

If I try and use TMPG encoders "Mpeg Tool" to Cut the first section from the .dat file off the VCD it says that it is not a valid mpeg file.

However, I can play this .dat file in Media player and it will also load into VirtualDub which recognises it as an VCD file.

Any ideas how I can chop the first 2mins off the movie?
    Is there any way to get TMPG to recognise this or any other software that would do?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Gabbott
  • mrbingley
    • Feb 2002

get yourself
    VCDGEAR
    that will rip your VCD and convert it to mpeg
    then you can edit it and render it again.
    Chris

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

You can accomplish your purpose by using TMPGEnc in two steps, as follows:

1) Load the VCD under MPEGTools Merge&Cut. Set mode to plain vanilla "MPEG-1" (NOT "MPEG1-VideoCD). Save the file with a new name.

(As a precaution, close TMPGEnc and the start it again)

2) Load the new file under Merge&Cut and do your thing.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Wanchope
        • Jan 2002

Thanks for the replies.
        I downloaded VCD gear and that works a treat.

I now have one VCD left that I am having trouble with. It won't play in a dvd player so I am assuming it is an SVCD as TMPG tells me that my mpeg-2 trail period has expired?

VCD gear creates an invalid file when I try to RIP it and with error correction enabled it creates 100 unreadable mpegs.

I can load the movie into VirtualDub but can only re-encode the last 30mins of it.

Can SVCD's have copy/editing protection?

Any ideas on how I can get round this?
        Thanks again,

Paul Gabbott

Comment

Working...