Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wontonman
    • Mar 2003

AVI audio not supported by TMPGEnc

I want to convert my AVI to Mpeg2 for DVD. Windows Media Player 10 will not play the original AVI. It gives the message: Cannot allocate memory because no size has been set.

I have attached the Gspot screen of my file.

TMPGEnc won't accept the AVI as the source file for both video and audio so I ran the file through VDub. VDub will open my AVI file.

VDub would let me save the audio as a wave - without compression. But the wave file was not acceptable to TMPGEnc. It said: "Cannot open/or unsupported".

So, I ran the original file through VDub again and compressed the audio this time. However, VDub would not let me save the audio as a wave file. It gave me the message: No audio compressor could be found to decompress the source audio format.

Next I tried VDubMod. It gave me the same outcome as VDub.

TMPGEnc will accept the video only avi - but when I put the wave file in as the source audio file, I get: "Cannot open/or unsupported".

I hope my explanation makes sense and I would appreciate it greatly if someone could come to the rescue. I have searched the forum for the answer but have come up empty.

Many thanks in advance!
    Attached Files
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

To say that your original .AVI is an odd combination of video and audio codecs would be an understatement - DivX4 (video) and MPEG1-Layer2 (audio - usually only used in MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 files).

You may have a fake file.

Have you been able to play the audio track under any software?

Comment

• Wontonman
      • Mar 2003

I was hoping you'd be the one to reply to my question! Thanks Setarip! We can always count on you promptly helping out!

I had not thought of trying to play the audio with another program, until you suggested it.

I just tried playing it with my ATI Multimedia Center and it won't play the audio. It will only play the video. Then I tried playing just the wave file I created and got no sound from it either.

The wave file is 45 meg in size.

I have struggled with this problem for almost two days now and am now willing to give up.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"am now willing to give up."

Seems appropriate...

Comment

Working...