Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thenuns
    • Mar 2002

flash files to mpeg?

Hi can anyone help out there?, i've been encodinding avi etc succesfully and burning them as vcds or svcd but im really stuck here !!!!!!!!

What i want to do is take a flash file (including audio) and convert it to any form of movie file (divx, mpeg, avi) so in turn I can create files to play on my home standalone dvd player, yes i know it sounds mad but believe me ive got a good reason.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

For this purpose a "screen capturing" program would be best.

Comment

• thenuns
      • Mar 2002

I dont think a screen capture would be any good cuz i need the audio as well as the flash image, unless you know of one that will capture both but thanx for trying

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

I'm not sure, however screen capture software should be capable of converting audio and video. Check out download.com and tucows.

Comment

• johnbmx4christ
          • Nov 2001

i did it with tmpg..it only converted the video..you can choose avi or mpeg....for the audio i went from the speaker out through my mixer and into the cap card into cool edit(if you dont have a mixer put the speaker out into a tape deck and then record back in the puter with line in) i then synced them back up with premier...its the hard way but it works...i also do this audio method with downloaded midi files to make them wavs.
          john boy

http://brightideasdigitalmedia.com

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

I believe both Camtasia and SnagIt will perform screen capture with audio.

Comment

• Tant Mutti
              • Mar 2002

I use Swift V2.0.
              I made some cool intros for my movies and
              it got very cool.

Comment

• thenuns
                • Mar 2002

you guys are cool, snagit worked a treat, and as for the audio, there is a setting to capture it, and if you got a creative live card you just set the record to record wot you hear (an ear icon) and tata it records all the sounds your pc make so when you capture you get the sound
                thanx again

Comment

Working...