Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OtakuCODE
    • Mar 2002

DiVX+Subtitles to SVCD?

Alright... I've got a DiVX AVI and a separate subtitles file. I want to get this into an SVCD with the subtitles intact. So far what I've done is use VobSub to render the subtitles into the AVI. Now, when I play the AVI in Media Player the subtitles display and everything is just great. However, for some reason that I just cannot figure out, when I feed this AVI into any program to try to convert it to an SVCD compatible MPEG, the subtitles don't go with it! I've tried TMPEGEnc and AVI2VCD and both of them will convert the AVI but somehow they magically drop the subtitles... I really can't figure this out. Does anyone know of a way to get this DiVX to an SVCD compatible format with the subtitles intact?

Thanks in advance,
    OtakuCODE
  • abdul
    • Jan 2002

I don't know the program VobSub so i don't know what it does, but as far as i know the way to get dubtitles PERMANENT in your avi file is with the subtitler plugin for VDub.

I do it this way and don't have any problems whatsoever shen converting the avi+sub with TMPGEnc to mpg.

So my advise is to :
    Get the subtitler plugin
    Convert your subtitles to ssa-format
    Use VDub to make a subtitled avi
    and (imo) you're done

If you don't want the avi with subtitles you can always uses VDub as a frameserver.

Comment

• abdul
      • Jan 2002

I was intriqued by your problem and did some surfing around the net

This is what i found about VobSub:
      vobsub is a program that can display subtitles while playing DivX movies in all DivX Players including Windows Media Player
      So as yyou can see the program let you SEE the subtitles, but dowsn't "paste" them in the avi

Therefor my above mentioned solution is the way to go.

Comment

• OtakuCODE
        • Mar 2002

Thanks for the info, I got the subtitler plugin for VirtualDub but now I'm wondering, once I set VDub to frameserve... how do I connect to it with TMPEGEnc of CCE SP? Or what program would you recommend to go from the frameserver to SVCD compliant MPEG?

Thanks again!
        OtakuCODE

Comment

• abdul
          • Jan 2002

TMPGEnc is the way to go .......................and there is a tutorial on how to do it on vcdhelper, take a look

How to add Subtitles to a video and encode to a VCD/SVCD(MPEG

Comment

• Tant Mutti
            • Mar 2002

Another easy way to get subtitles is to use
            Flask mpeg with the Thunder.mism plugin.
            Simply open the ifo file and choose language
            for the subtiltle, and convert.
            Then run the avi file in TMPGenc.
            Pretty easy and the result is great.

Comment

Working...