Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biney59
    • Mar 2002

VCD to VCD

I wanted to know something. I downloaded movies in DIVX format and then converted them to VCD, and then erased the DIVX file. But now, I realised that I made a little mistake and I wanted to know that if I convert this VCD file to VCD again, will it be the same if I had converted it from the DIVX or would it be a lower quality then if I had downloaded the DIVX again, and converted it to VCD.

If this seems confusing, just tell me, I will re-type the post.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"If this seems confusing, just tell me, I will re-type the post."

It does...

What are you intending to accomplish - and what software are you using?

Comment

• Biney59
      • Mar 2002

I use TMPGenc. Let me strt over.
      1) I downloaded movies in DIVX format; then converted them all to VCD. THen I deleted the DIVX files, and kept the newly created VCD file.
      2) Then I realised that I made a mistake on each VCD file, because it was not being accepted by ADAPTEC EASY CD CREATOR 5 PLATINUM. I found my problem.
      3) I have two choices;
      a) Convert the VCD file to VCD again
      b) Download the DIVX and convert it again.

What I want to know is if I choose option "a", then will the quality be the same as if I had taken choice "b"? Because choosing choice "a" would be much easier, but I still want the good quality.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Convert the VCD file to VCD again"

If you use TMPGEnc as follows, it should not alter/diminish the quality of the video:

1) Files>>MPEGTools>>Merge&Cut

2) Make certain to set the mode to "plain vanilla" MPEG1 (NOT MPEG1-VideoCD)

3) Save the file with a new name.

You'll now have an MPEG1 (NOT VCD) file that you can "correct" (I presume the problem was regarding resolution)

You should then be able to load this file into TMPGEnc, make your corrections and save as MPEG1-VideoCD.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...