Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Presleyblue
    • Feb 2005

Need serious help on a guide to making SVCD's,PLease

I will say for starters, that I'm not ro proud to admit that I know nothing of about all of this, but this is what I need help with. My sister gets new movies and puts them on the net for me to go and download. After downloading them I can watch them on my computer on DivX, but, I want to watch them on my tv from my DVD player. I need to know step by step what I need to do after downloading them, what software do I need, and what do I need to do to them to convert them to SVDC's. I have searched and can not find a guide on how to do this. I can find programs that say they do this, but, like I said I am clueless and need some real help. I would sooo greatly appreciate anyone who could guide me through this process and tell me what I need to do.
    I aslo will add, that I can burn them on to a cd using Nero, but, they will only play on my computer.
    Presley
    Last edited by Presleyblue; 26 Feb 2005, 03:20 PM.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I can burn them on to a cd using Nero, but, they will only play on my computer."

What format(s) does your standalone player recognise (i.e. what types of disks (DVD; VCD; SVCD etc.)) will it play?

Comment

• Presleyblue
      • Feb 2005

It will play DVD's and SVCD's. I have several SVCD's that I have burned from other peoples copies and they play very well.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"It will play DVD's and SVCD's."

Why not just convert the "Downloaded" clips to a DVD-related file structure? To do so, follow this procedure:

1. Convert the AVI (DivX or Xvid)/mpeg file(s) to a DVD compliant mpeg-2 file(s) using "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc Plus". Use the DVD template (NTSC or PAL) form the "Project Wizard" to help you accomplish the task. If you have an mpeg file that is already DVD-compliant, then skip directly to step 2.

2. Then use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (different than "TMPGEnc") to author the newly created mpeg-2 into a DVD-related file structure (.IFO, .BUP, .VOB). As an alternative, you can use "DVDLab" to author as well.

3. If the combined filesize of the project exceeds 4.37 Gig, use "DVD Shrink" or similar transcoding program to compress.

4. Use "Nero" or similar burning program to burn onto a DVD (r, rw) disk

Comment

• Presleyblue
          • Feb 2005

Thanks, I got the programs, and the TMPGEnc I got through just fine, then I opened the DVD Author, I'm lost there. Don't really know what to tell it to do, it's all unkown to me, and there was no help there. I already have Nero, so, if I can get the author going, I will be doing great. Anymore help you can give it greatly appreciated.

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"if I can get the author going, I will be doing great."

I would suggest that you review the following guide at:

Comment

Working...