This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeeptravel

Unknown File Type

Hello. I have part I and II of a video file that I want to convert to MPEG VCD format. The trouble is that I don't know what file type they are.

When I right click in windows to check it, it reads "Video File." I thought it might be AVI, but when I tried to convert it from AVI to MPEG using WinMPG, it came up with funky bars the whole way through.

If anyone has had this experience, or can tell me what "Video File" means as a file type in windows, I would appreciate it.

Thanks a lot in advance

JT

• jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Download a program called GSpot. Try to load the video file in that program, and post here everything that is says. (Or better yet take a screen shot of the GSpot window and post it here)

G Spot - <A HREF="http://www.headbands.com/gspot/download.html"><FONT COLOR="330033"> Click Here To Download GSpot </A></FONT>

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

A) What is the three letter extender of each filename?

B) 1) Load the original video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• jeeptravel

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To jeeptravel

Based on the graphic image of the GSpot information box, you are seeking assistance regarding illegally obtained copies of the commercial movie, "Are We There Yet?"

Questions regarding anything to do with such activity is a violation of the rules of these forums...

Last edited by setarip; 28 Feb 2005, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

Thread closed for violation of forum rules.

Comment

Working...