X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZZ-Diego
    • Feb 2005

vob-> mpeg-2 with implemented subtitle

- sobbing -

spend hours and hours trying implementing a subtitle in !high quality! mpeg-2 by ripping or transcoding. First i tried mjack pro to go for xsvcd but the quality was even more worse than vcd......purely blockbuster resolution!

Afterwards i followed these guides:
    a) http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/153058.php

.... VirtualDub doesn´t accept vobs or more complex mpeg-2 for input so i toogled VirtualDubMod....but this again has had trouble reading ssa script files produced by Sub Station Alpha (unknown or corrupted file type). Besides it takes ages to complete identifying!

b) http://www.videohelp.com/subsvirtual.htm

.... neither the ffdshow nor vobsub v2.23 way worked for latest TMPGenc Plus v2.5 . They not appeared in preview at all time and conditions! Anyway and more troubled,subs have been succesfully created but seemed to be corrupted when importing in subtitleworkshow v2.51 and WinSubMux v0.2.0.2 ! Also tried vsrip (which is believed to be the latest vobsub release...anybody can confirm that rumour? Because its not mentioned on vobsubs homepage.....)

c) also strated the hard way with subrip v1.17.1 to srt but that kicks nerves and time while doing ocr recognizing...

d) was at last looking after a tool for muxing m2v/mpv and sub/ssa or srt ...no founds

-sobbing-
    beeing tired and feed up, i gave up now getting stupid subtitles into anything other differ from paper work.

in need of consolation
    greetings
    ZZ-Diego

...one positive info for you out there:
    grap the MPEG-2 VIDEO VFAPI Plug-In for importing vobs in TMPGenc here: http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/ and copy m2v.vfp plug into your main TMPGenc directory... Important: Only works for the video stream!
    Last edited by ZZ-Diego; 8 Mar 2005, 08:44 PM.
    Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd, you look out for one another.
  • ZZ-Diego
    • Feb 2005

..the horror continues...

tried to rename vobsub.dll -> vobsub.vdf as mentioned on a VirtualDub introduction page. So i did it that way and tried loading it in VirtualDubMod for importing created sub (subtitles created with vobsub).

but it --> failed cause its not a plugin! Strange things happens some times....but this is wired and odd!

IS THERE ANY UNDERSTANDABLE REASON WHY VIRTUALDUB AND VIRTUALDUBMOD HAVE DIFFERENT FILTERS? THAT KICKS ME OFF!

!WANTED VDF!
    ...now i am looking for another vobsub plugin called
    "vobsub_vd.vdf"

anyobody got it arround?

greetings
    ZZ-Diego
    Last edited by ZZ-Diego; 8 Mar 2005, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• ZZ-Diego
      • Feb 2005

- BIG -

Found a cool solution for this sticky problem now. Used this technique

...but instead with VirtualDubMod and found also a suitable VobSub Filter called "vobsub_vd.vdf" which will be installed along with VobSub v2.23 (VobSub_2.23.exe)

Make sure to select plugins within install routine!

- demux audio + video
      - convert with VirtualDubMod and TMPGenc
      - mux audio and video again
      DONE

< NO OCR ANYMORE >

happy computing
      Last edited by ZZ-Diego; 16 Mar 2005, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Working...