Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maxwellx
    • Jan 2002

wide screen VCD?

I have a wide screen DIVX movie and i Im trying to convert it with TMPGEnc but it will eather stretch or chop off the the sides so you cant see everything in the sceen depending on the settings i had it on. Is there anyway to get it to be Wide Screen on my TV with the black bars on the top and bottem? thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Does the DivX-compressed .AVI have REAL black bars on it, or just the ones added by Windows Media Player?

In order to determine this, load the video into VirtualDub and simply move the slider to the right until you see some of the movie's images (after the studio credits).

If it does have REAL bars, for creating a VCD under TMPGEnc, set the resolution under bot th the "Video" and "Advanced" tabs to either 352x240 (NTSC) or 352x288 (PAL).

If it doesn't have REAL bars (and I'm pretty sure that you'll discover this to be the case), you can add them under VirtualDub by selecting the "Null Transform" filter and then clicking on the "Cropping" radio button. Make certain that the total number of lines of top and bottom black resolution is divisble by 16.

Select the same Video codec as was used to create the original .AVI and save with a new filename.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• maxwellx
      • Jan 2002

It dose not seem to be working, I am not very good with Vdub but I was able to add the null transform filter and I selected the crop button and made Y1 and Y2 both 16. Then i set the codec to DIVX 3.11 and saved it. when I put it onto a vcd it still is streched. Am I missing something?

Comment

• maxwellx
        • Jan 2002

Never mind my last post, It works great! I was messed up in TMPGENC. Thank you for the help

Comment

Working...