y can't my videos play on a vcd/dvd player?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • modsinister
    • Mar 2002

y can't my videos play on a vcd/dvd player?

i encoded my files into MPEG files wif TMPG ENC...
    but no matter wat, my files will never work on a dvd/vcd player!! i've wasted so mani plain disc alreay..
    it is able to play on my comp but not on my player
    1 more thing... when i check the properties, it is a read-only file. but the 1 from my doc. is a archive file! how can i change the files into archive b4 burning them???
  • erandre
    • Feb 2002

How exactlt are you burning youd vcd's? You know that you have to burn it as a vcd and not a plain cd-rom, right? Just asking...

Comment

• dOnnskI
      • Mar 2002

this might help you on how to convert those mpeg of yours to vcd .. http://www.vcdhelp.com/burnmpg.htm

i've already made several vcds and i was able to play it in out vcd player ..

Comment

• modsinister
        • Mar 2002

my uncle sent me the same website n the steps r wat i did! but it wont work! i used a vcd to compare wif the one i burnt. the properties r the same. oh, but hte vcds i used to compare r all "avesq01, avesq02" and so on. the vcd i burnt is "music1, music2" and so on. n the worst thing is, they're not even music files! y r the known as "music..."?
        BTW i've burnt a lot of cds b4 n they all worked. onli this one!

Comment

• liverpoolrule
          • Mar 2002

vcd playback

Firstly, have u checked if your standalone player is capable of playing back vcd compliant movies? Quite a few cannot!

Also - u must encode as mpeg1 vcd compliant format - (don't convert ntsc to pal - it gives choppy playback).

Never use Nero for avi to vcd conversion!!!

U have to be doing something wrong otherwise - the is always an avseq file in the mpgav directory!

Where is the music coming from???

Comment

• Shb13xyz
            • Mar 2002

What software are you using? If it's CD Creator then there is a workaround for that problem. If not then more info is needed.

Comment

• Batman
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2002

In TMPGEnc did you select the appropriate template (PAL VCD or NTSC VCD)? Is your dvd player vcd complaint?

Comment

Working...