Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pdotsoler
    • May 2005

I can't turn an AVI into a S/VCD compatible file WITH SOUND

I'm hoping someone can help me out because I tried to help myself here using the nifty search option of the forums and actually found 2-3 things similar to my problem, however, I think doing all kinds of fixes may have been what messed my system up to begin with... ANYWAYS what I am trying to do is: Turn an .avi into a .mpg so that I can burn it onto a vcd or more preferably svcd. I have done this once, and then my codecs got all messed up. I'm pretty sure everything is reinstalled correctly but who knows (hopefully one of you people )

Basicly, I use TMPGEnc and when I attempt the change the avi to a mpg it gets no sound afterwards. I've learned I can look for the sound wave to show in the "source range" section and for a few different types of DivX/XviD avi's, nothing shows. About 4/5 of the avi's that I tried show MPEG 1 Layer-3 as the audio when I Right Click->Properties->Summary and in GSpot alike. So I think the problem should lie within the mp3 area Please help me if you can
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Open the original AVI file(s) in "VirtualDubMod" ("File" > "Open Video File"). Then go to "File" > "File Information" and post everything that is listed in both the video and audio sections of the dialog box, or post a screenshot of the information.

Comment

• pdotsoler
      • May 2005

and fyi I'm using WindowsXP.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

Your audio stream is Mp3 (tag: 0x0055). Try converting the mp3 stream to LPCM in VDM then re-import it into TMPGEnc for conversion to mpeg.

Comment

• pdotsoler
          • May 2005

LPCM=?

I'm not entirely sure how to rip the mp3 audio but what I tried to do before I couldn't find the LPCM part was:

Video>>Direct Steam Copy

Streams>>Stream List:
          Right Click>>Full Processing Mode
          Right Click>>Compression>>*Where I think I got lost*

if thats wrong or whatever please let me know. and TY for the help thusfar

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"I'm not entirely sure how to rip the mp3 audio but what I tried to do before I couldn't find the LPCM part was"

Do the following (originally posted by "setarip"):

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK". Rightclick on the audiostream again, then select "Compression" and make certain it is set to "No compression (PCM)"

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, save .AVI with a new filename

Comment

• pdotsoler
              • May 2005

o snap, I was close. I just did up to step 3 but then I clicked save wav. ok well I'm home now so we should be able to bang this porblem out let me do that now and I'll post what happens in a few.

Comment

• pdotsoler
                • May 2005

ok I think I know what VDM does now, its for re-encoding the sound right onto the avi (or in this case thats what it looks like) I'm getting the e-high5 ready now, eta is 20 seconds

Comment

• pdotsoler
                  • May 2005

ok, according to the Source Range area, it worked *yay* but after about 20 minutes the green line disappears so maybe I'll have a new problem for you soon TY so much ormonde, I'll let you know how it turns out soon and sorry for posting so much its just I really have been working on this for like a week with no success until now

Comment

• pdotsoler
                    • May 2005

yeah the sound does only go on for the first 20 minutes or so.. im gonna try that again real quick with a different avi of similar stats real quick..

Comment

• pdotsoler
                      • May 2005

12:02/48:09 has sound for the 2nd avi that I tried. A similar thing happened when I tried to save the sound off a movie in Nandub where it only saved the first 6-7 seconds... New problem

Comment

Working...