Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • froZen77
    • Mar 2002

resuming TMPGEnc encoding

I have a question, is there any way to continue or resume the encoding of a file once it has started using TMPGEnc? I got 30% through a file and my power went out.
  • johnbmx4christ
    • Nov 2001

it wont resume in as much as merge it where the other one left off.
    what i personally do is find out what frame it left on and set the source range to continue from that point,and then merge them together later...someone else might have a better way to do it.
    john boy

http://brightideasdigitalmedia.com

Comment

• froZen77
      • Mar 2002

walk through it

O.K. I'm new to all of this, could you walk me through how to do this?

Comment

• johnbmx4christ
        • Nov 2001

load the video from tmpg into windows media player..scroll to the end and see where it left off....close wmp..load the video to be converted into tmpg..click on the bottom on "setting"a new window opens..at the top click on "advanced" in the white box check the little box next to source range...now double click on the words"source range" a new window opens.take the scroll bar and put it at the place where it left off..then click on"set in frame"
        click "ok" the box closes..then click "ok" in the other window..then hit start.
        john boy

http://brightideasdigitalmedia.com

Comment

• froZen77
          • Mar 2002

O.K thanks for that, I tried it a couple of times but it just crashed my computer, so I'll just re-encode the whole thing from the start.
          Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...